Poets Know It

Just the amiable ramblings of a post menopausal woman about her life, family, loves, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Divorced, mother of 3 grandma of 9 (I started young)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boooo

Well here it is Halloween. Gosh I hate Halloween. Scary I know but the gobblins will get you if you don't watch out.
I am sitting here fasting waiting to go to IU hospital to participate in a study on kidneys. Fun way to spend the day huh?
I can't believe I didn't do a post on Sunday. Guess I am getting lazy about my posts huh? Kinda soon for that I think.
I also got some great news and haven't posted it yet either.
I got my surgery date. I am having DS surgery on December 13th at 8:30 a.m. That is the day before my 60th birthday. What a way to start a new decade. Embarking on a new and healthier lifestyle. I have a couple of appts in November to get me ready for this. One is with a nutritionist (it is an all day thing from 8:30 to 4:00) who will tell me what I should do and how I should eat after my surgery and the other is a day full of testing at the hospital to make sure that I am up for this surgery or what precautions should be taken during said surgery.
You know I see that number up there (60) and think no way can I be turning 60. I don't feel 60. How old do I feel? Oh I don't maybe 50 if even that. Closer to being in my 40's but definately not 60! Sixty sounds old and I'm not old. I remember my mom saying after she had a major surgery for an aortic annurism (okay I know that isn't spelled right but you get the idea of what I am talking about anyway) she was 70 then and she said now she felt old. That she hadn't felt old before. I was surprised as I had thought she was old for years. Now I understand what she was talking about.
Well folks I better get ready to go. Hope you all have a spooky day....and lots of laughs.
Hugs

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Anne Hogan said...

Fasting on Halloween! Wow, that's willpower. Good luck at the hospital. :)

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home