Poets Know It

Just the amiable ramblings of a post menopausal woman about her life, family, loves, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Divorced, mother of 3 grandma of 9 (I started young)

Monday, October 23, 2006

Waiting is So Very Hard to Do!

As I have mentioned in my first blog I am going to have DS surgery. It is related to gastric bypass but is better. It has a better success rate for one thing. Won't go into it all here but if you are considering having weight loss surgery please research online and find out about the DS (Duodenal Switch). Anyway I got all of my paperwork together, went to meet with Dr. Inman. Met and had my psych consult and went to surgeons office to sign some papers. That was 3 weeks ago today. Was told it would be at least 2 weeks before I would hear anything. Well it has been 3 weeks and I still haven't heard anything. Waiting for my surgery date is hard. Of course after I get my date it will probably be another month before it happens, still it will be nice to know the date. I thought about this for years but just wasn't ready to do it but now I am.
I have a very busy day tomorrow and kind of dread it. I hate it when so many things come up on one day to be done. I have one thing tomorrow at 9:30 to 2:00 and then a drs appt at 2:30 and after that my son will need me to take him to work, and then last but definately not least, is a bible study from 7 to 8 p.m. I should sleep good tomorrow night :)
It is very cold here today. But hey it is October so what can I expect since I live in the midwest. I do like the changing seasons and think I would be bored living in a climate that never changes. The trees here are just beautiful right now too. All reds, and golds and yellows and still a few greens. If my digital camera wasn't on the blink I would take some pictures but alas it is dead. I need to buy another one but hate to buy anything for myself with Christmas so close.
I also want another digital camera so I can take pictures of my progress after my surgery.
Well I am just rambling on with nothing much to say. Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Trish

1 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

Hi Trish,

Just found you by way of Spuddy Buddy. I am a big fan of Donna as well. Hope you hear about your surgery soon. I know it must be very tough waiting. I'm in KY so I think we're having similar weather. Talk to you soon!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home