Poets Know It

Just the amiable ramblings of a post menopausal woman about her life, family, loves, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Divorced, mother of 3 grandma of 9 (I started young)

Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Monday

Well we made it through another week-end huh? How about that Colt's game yesterday with the Jets!! That last play was unbelievable. I was here yelling at the t.v. Glad we won though.
Went up North to Carmel area today to sign a waiver at doc's office saying that if Medicare won't pay for my surgery that I will pay it to the tune of 10,000 smackaroos. Whew, I must really want this surgery huh? Well I do. I am so sick and tired of being fat and have tried every diet in the book and the older I get the harder it is to take off this weight. Since the first week in August until last Friday (Sept 28) I only lost 4 lbs. At that rate I would probably be dead and buried before I lost all the weight I need to lose. I want to lose enough to be comfortable going out and working on my yard and taking a good long walk at Eagle Creek. Thinks like that. Should would be nice to be able to breath good again as well. I quit smoking almost 5 years ago now and still my breathing sucks. They tell me it is probably due to all the fat squeezing on my lungs. That is understandable.
I talked to the hospital just a little bit ago and they said that I would owe them 900.00 and something that Medicare won't cover. I will have to pay that too. I think that sucks too but will pay it if I have to.
Well enough about that stuff for now. I will update that when I get my surgery date.
I also do mentoring of 3rd graders at a local elementary school here near my home. This is my 3rd year to do that. Although in the past I always had 2nd graders. It is a very rewarding thing to do. Seeing how the kids progress in their reading skills throughout the school year.
I got home today from doing that to find a Mr. McDreamy on my front porch. It was the head guy/contractor who did the remodling of my house. My goodness he is yummy looking. What a treat to come home and find him here. He was waiting for the inspector to show up to do the final inspection. Well I told him he was welcome to come by and visit anytime he feels like it...lol
Hey you can't blame me. I am too old for him but I am not dead and sure do enjoy looking at him.
Well I guess this is about all I have to say for today. If I think of anything else I will add it later.
syla
DaPoet

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth Fish said...

You know, I've been thinking... we have some stuff that needs to be done around here. Maybe you should send your contractor over to take a look.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home