Poets Know It

Just the amiable ramblings of a post menopausal woman about her life, family, loves, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Divorced, mother of 3 grandma of 9 (I started young)

Friday, October 13, 2006

Just another Day?

Hi All, LOL as if anyone is reading this.
Today is Friday the 13th and I hate that! Spooky and all that wicca kind of stuff. Not my kind of a day. Now yesterday that was a day!!!
Yesterday I went and picked my son up from jail. He had been in since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving last year. He had violated his probation for something which ended him back in jail to serve out the rest of his sentence which was about 9 months, then while incarcerated he did something wrong in there and got an extra month. I swear sometimes I think he doesn't think...lol Think? naw I know he doesn't think. Although he is truly smart and is interested to carry on a conversation with. He just doesn't use common sense is all. I guess I didn't either much until I got a little older. But he should be getting there soon. He is 34 now.
Well it was good going to get him and bringing him home to roost for a while, until he gets another job and can get on his feet again. At least now I don't have to worry about him being beat to death in jail or sodomized or some such thing as that. I know he is safe here. But oh what a change in my life already. I was used to being here alone doing what I wanted when I wanted and now there is noise in my house and the phone is ringing off the hook and music playing and video games on and people in and out wishing my son good luck and welcome home.
I suppose I will survive all of this but will be glad when things get back to normal again...but then who is to say what is normal?
It has turned cold here over the last 3 days :( I wasn't ready for this yet. I miss sitting on my front porch watching the world go by. Winter is such a dreary season for me.
Well enough rambling for now. Hope all is well with you if you are reading this.
Hugs from DaPoet
TT (tenacious trish)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise - there IS someone reading this. I'm new to the whole blogging world - just started mine a few weeks ago, and followed a link to your site from..... oh hell, I can't remember now. I've been reading the heck out of blogs and I've become somewhat obsessed with it.

I noticed we have something in common - FOOTBALL BABY. I bleed red (ok - I guess that's not so unusual, but you get my drift) and I am and forever will be a CHIEFS fan, but I have to admit I root for the Colts most of the time. Especially when they play the other teams in the AFC West! Peyton Manning rocks.

Keep writing, I'll keep reading, and in your spare time, check me out!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home