Poets Know It

Just the amiable ramblings of a post menopausal woman about her life, family, loves, etc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

Divorced, mother of 3 grandma of 9 (I started young)

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Brrr Baby It's Cold Outside

Hi Blog readers, Good Sunday to ya. I have noticed that alot of the blogs I read don't usually update their blogs on Sundays. I wonder why that is? For some reason it is a good day for me to blog. Oh well, to each his own.
I had to get out my trusty ol credit card and use it to clean off my car windows this morning before I could drive off to church, (which was very good today btw). I probably could've found an actual window scraper in my trunk but that would take too much work and I knew where my credit card was :) Well at least my mums lived through the frost another day.
In my last posting I mentioned how happy I was to have my son home again. Well for the most part I am still happy about it but goodness it does bring about quite a change in my life and I don't think he realizes how much change. My trash cans are overflowing now and that didn't happen when he was gone. My house is smelling of smoke. I quit smoking 5 years ago this coming November 17th but he still smokes. Yuck it stinks. And to think I used to smell like that wherever I went. What was I thinking? I guess I was hoping that since he had quit smoking for the 10 months that he was gone maybe he wouldn't pick it back up ago but that wasn't the case. I think it makes a difference whether you give it up because you want to stop or because you are not in a position to be able to smoke.
I could make an issue of him going out to smoke but I don't. Heck I know what that feels like, to be a second class citizen because you smoke.
Well I guess I will get off of my high horse on smoking today.
Another change is that I can't get on my computer whenever I want to because he is on it now. Thankfully my mother taught me to share :)
Well I AM glad he is here for now anyway. He is my baby boy. I don't care how old he is. He was born last and will forever be my baby.
If you have stopped by to read this I say thank you and if you have a blog then leave me a link and I will pay you a return visit.
Hugs,
DaPoet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home